Consider making simple charts from semantic markup
- Monthly usage
- March 57%
- April 42%
- May 91%
Provide alternative ways to consume visual content
If there is one primary message for an chart that is displayed as an image file, describe it in the alt attribute.
Provide alternative ways to consume data
If you have a figure that can’t be described by alt text, place the content in a different format.
|Toilet paper||Bread makers||Moving boxes||Exercise mats|
Provide alternative interactions with dynamic figures
When building maps, add a search or filtering feature for those who can’t use a mouse.
alt="Descriptive figure content"for images
- Supply a heading for interactive figures or
aria-label="Figure name"can be used as well
- Wrap charts and tables in a
<figure>element where applicable
<figcaption>to describe the figure
<cite>to label sources
- Provide alternative ways to consume content
- A map of phone coverage areas includes a search function
- A chart embedded as an image includes a table of the data