How does dynamic aria-live content work?
- The screenreader expects content within an element with a
aria-live="polite"attribute to change
- By default, only the content that has changed will be read
- To force the screenreader to read all contents even if it did not change within the element, add
- Rarely should you use
aria-live="assertive". It will override every other message from the screenreader
- An element using
This is one example of a dynamic content region. It is similar to the carousel example.
- It is not the only way to build a dynamic region, but it meets all the critieria:
- New content is announced
- Focus is placed at the top of the content
NATO alphabet experience
The NATO alphabet is the most widely used radiotelephone spelling alphabet.
To create the code, a series of international agencies assigned 26 code words acrophonically to the letters of the English alphabet.
This is the best NATO letter.